Fig and grapefruit salad with mango ginger dressing
The sweetness of the figs is complimented by the sourness of the grapefruit and all with the lovely zing of the mango ginger dressing make this salad one of my favorites.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 150 grams mixed salad greens
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 4 fresh figs
for the dressing:
- 1 mango, peeled deseeded and diced
- 1 Tbs. ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 2 lemons , juiced
- dash cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup fine virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salad:
- Slice both ends from the grapefruits and then peel away the rest of the skin, removing all the white portions.
- Carefully remove each section of the grapefruits and place the sections in a bowl.
- Wash the figs, remove the stems and carefully slice each fig into sections.
- Place a generous portion of mixed greens in each salad bowl.
- Place a a few grapefruit sections in salad, and then give each salad a fig that has been cut into wedges.
For the dressing:
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree to a fine smooth liquid.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and possibly a pinch of sugar depending upon the ripeness of the mango
- Drizzle the salad dressing over the salad, or serve in a carafe for each to help themselves.
If fresh mangoes are not available, your could adjust the recipe by using mango juice.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.