Curried Lentil Burgers
The mango chutney gives these burgers a nice sweet but spicy flavor. We have a very nice mango chutney from Suriname which is quite spicy so the burgers are very flavorful.
Serving Size: 4
- 175 grams red lentils
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs. oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 Tbs. curry powder
- 50 grams cashew nuts, chopped
- 2 Tbs. spicy mango chutney
- 3 Tbs. breadcrumbs
- pepper and salt to taste
- Cook the lentils in the vegetable bouillon until they are soft.
- When they are done, remove from the heat, pour off any extra water and place in a bowl.
- Using a frying pan, saute the scallion in the oil.
- Add the garlic and the grated carrot and saute until the vegetables are softened.
- Add the curry and mix well.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the lentils.
- Add the chopped cashews and the mango chutney and mix well.
- Add the bread crumbs to make the mixture thicker and to mass together.
- Season to taste with additional salt, pepper or curry.
- Let the mixture set for 1/2 an hour.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of mixture, form burgers and place in a hot frying pan with a bit of oil.
- Fry until both sides are golden brown.
- You can eat the burgers between a bun or served on a plate.