Seitan medallions on stir fried vegetables
Such a bright and colorful meal, that was filling, yet not fattening.
We really enjoyed this dinner and hope you will too.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tsp. Five Spices powder
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. seitan , cut in rounds
- 125 grams baby corn cobs, cut in lhalf lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in matchstick strips
- 4-6 med. large carrots, peels and cut in matchstick sized pieces
- 100 grams mung bean sprouts
- 3 scallions, cut on the diagonal
- 2 Tbs. vegan Asian sauce
If you are serving this on rice or noodles, then prepare those first as they take much longer.
- Mix the 5 spice powder with 1 Tb. oil.
- Heat a frying pan and braze the seitan medallions in the five spice oil.
- Sear them on each side until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan, set aside to keep warm.
- Heat a wok or a large frying pan with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Lightly stir fry the corn cob pieces 1-2 minutes, set to 1 side of the wok.
- Stir fry the bell pepper pieces 2 minutes, set to 1 side.
- Stir fry the carrots for 3-4 minutes , set aside.
- Stir fry the mung bean sprouts for 1 minute.
- Make a light sauce using tamari, ginger a splash of rice wine vinegar and any other seasonings you enjoy.
- Place a layer of rice or noodles (I used sorba noodles) on each plate.
- Follow with a generous amount of mung bean sprouts, then the paprika, carrots and the corn.
- Top with a couple of seitan medallions.
- Sprinkle a bit of the Asian sauce over the dish and garnish with the spring onion pieces.