White bean and carrot soup
This thick and creamy soup really tasted great on a cold winter day. I added a bit of Tabasco to the soup as well, as it was really cold out.
Serving Size: 4
- 115 grams white beans , cooked and drained
- 55 grams soy margarine or olive oil
- 2 med. onions, chopped
- 3 med. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- chili pepper
- Italian seasonings
- salt and pepper
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and chopped
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Put the olive oil or soy margarine in a large pot and melt.
- Add the onions and begin to saute until glassy.
- Add the chopped carrots and garlic.
- Add the beans, the water and bouillon cube and bring toa gentle boil.
- When the carrots have become soft, puree the soup to a smooth thick consistency.
- If the soup is too thick, add a bit of water.
- Season with the chili powder, salt and pepper and the Italian seasonings.
- Serve the soup garnished with the tomato pieces and chopped parsley.