Spinach and Vegan Ricotta Spaghetti
This is a very tasty and satisfying meal. We’re looking forward to having it more often, especially when our own organic spinach is ripe.
Serving Size: 4
- 14 oz. wholewheat spaghetti
- 400 gram bag fresh spinach, washed
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 splashes lemon juice
- 2 oz. pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup vegan ricotta
for vegan ricotta:
- 1 & 1/2 cups plain soy yogurt
- 2 Tbs. cashew butter
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. salt
To make the vegan ricotta:
- Place the soy yogurt in a cheesecloth or other fine mesh cloth and drian the excess liquid.
- Place the drained soy yogurt in a bowl, add the cashew butter and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt and again mix well.
- Season to taste with additional salt or nutritional yeast.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To make the spaghetti:
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil.
- Cook the spaghetti until al dente.
- Meanwhile, saute the sliced garlic in the olive oil.
- Add the spinach and cook until wilted.
- Splash with lemon juice and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta mix the sauted spinach into the spaghetti.
- Add the raisins and pine nuts and mix well.
- Serve with dollops of vegan ricotta on top.
adapted from BBC Good Food Dec. 2008
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.