Coconut Carrot Soup
This soup was especially nice on a chilly spring day. On a gray and rainy day the bright orange color really helps to bring warmth and cheer. The soup is mildly spiced, and very tasty.
Serving Size: 4
- 3 med. large carrots, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. mild curry powder
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp. mace or nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- coconut flakes and a bit of parsley to garnish
- Saute the chopped onion in the oil until glassy.
- Add the carrot pieces and further saute.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and cook until the carrots begin to soften.
- Add the orange juice.
- When the carrots are soft, puree.
- Add the coconut milk and further puree.
- Bring the pot back to the stove and warm on low heat.
- Add the spices.
- Season to taste.
- Optionally garnish with some coconut flakes and parsley.