Hawaiian Carrot Salad
This is a tasty new twist to the traditional carrot salad, which we really enjoyed.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 can pineapple pieces
- 1 small red onion minced
- 1/4 cup soy cream
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw cashew butter
- pinch salt
- pinch sugar
- pinch ginger powder
- Shred or grate the carrots.
- Drain the pineapple pieces and add the pieces to the carrots
To make the ‘soyanaise’ dressing:
- Pour the soy cream into a small bowl.
- Add the cashew butter and mix well using a fork or whisk.
- Add the lemon juice, the ginger powder and the sugar and salt.
- Mince the onion in very small pieces or grate.
- Put the onion into the soyanaise sauce and mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the carrot pineapple salad and mix well.
- Season to taste and serve.