Tempeh Schnitzel with a Citrus Sauce
The citrus marinade really enhanced these tempeh Schnitzels. We enjoyed these, with parsley potatoes and green beans. It was a very nice meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 pkg. (about 175 grams) tempeh
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbs. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. vegetable bouillon powder
- Slice the tempeh in thin slices.
- Make a marinade form the orange juice, sesame oil, the juice from 1/2 of the lemon and vegetable bouillon.
- Marinate the tempeh slices for 1/2 hour-4 hours.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Strip the leaves from the time into the pan. (Leave 1 spring as garnish).
- Braze the tempeh so that both sides are golden brown.
- Season to taste with a pinch of salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Slice the other half of the lemon and place in the frying pan to lightly saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the tempeh Schnitzels on a serving platter, and pour the marinade into the hot frying pan.
- Allow the marinade to reduce, then pour over the Schnitzels or serve in a gravy boat on the side.
- Garnish with the cooked lemon and thyme sprig.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.