Pumpkin and Apricot Soup
At the height of apricot season we were able to enjoy this tasty soup on a rainy evening. It was delicious. Luckily, we were able to use some of our pumpkin from last season which we had frozen.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 2 cups pumpkin, cooked (or butternut squash)
- 6 ripe apricots, pitted and chopped or 1 can apricot halves
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon sugar or sweetener
- black pepper, to taste
- cilantro and green onion, chopped, as garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Saute the chopped onions until glassy.
- Add the pumpkin and vegetable bouillon and cook until the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the apricots and sugar and further cook for a few minutes.
- Puree the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onion.
adapted from http://www.apricotproducers.com/html/squashsoup.htm