Vegan Eggplant Parmesan Soup
The yummy tastes of the Mediterranean all in one tasty soup. This was quick and easy to make as well. It was delicious on a chilly fall day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 med eggplant, cut into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1-2 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- juice of 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian seasoned croutons
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onions and begin to saute.
- As the onions begin to soften, add the eggplant and minced garlic and saute until the eggplant is soft and golden brown.
- Put all of the sauteed vegetables into a large pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, cup of water and vegetable bouillon.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the Italian seasonings and nutritional yeast.
- Squeeze the lime or lemon juice into the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and possibly more Italian herbs.
- Garnish with Italian croutons.