We’re greeting the coming of Spring with this colorful and tasty meal, a bit of a change from the traditional pasta primavera. It’s a light meal, yet filling and satisfying.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2-3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced in lengths
- 200 grams snow pea pods, washed and trimmed
- 1 can artichoke bottoms, drained and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- handful chives, chopped, reserve a few as garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- splash olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make a vegetable stock from 4 cups of boiling water and 2 vegetable bouillon cubes.
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and lightly saute the sliced leek.
- Add the minced garlic and risotto rice.
- Stir to evenly coat the rice.
- Add 1 ladle of the vegetable stock to the rice and stir until it is absorbed.
- Add the artichoke bottoms and sliced carrots. Add another ladle of the vegetable stock and cook, string until the stock is absorbed.
- Add the white wine to the rice and cook until absorbed.
- Continue alternately adding the vegetable stock and the vegetables that need the most time to cook, ending with the pea pods, and the rice has become cooked and soft.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the chopped chives on top and slightly mixed.
- Serve garnished with a few peas and carrots on top and a couple of sprigs of chives.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.