Spinach Hummus Wraps
One of our favorite pizzas is spinach, onion and mushroom. These tasty wraps combine the same ingredients and were a quick and easy version for lunch.
Yield: 1 & 1/2 cups hummus
- 1 or 2 whole grain flour tortillas per person
- 1-2 tablespoon spinach hummus per wrap
- 1 red onion, sliced in fine rings
- 1-2 mushrooms per wrap, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes per wrap, sliced
for the spinach hummus:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- pinch of cayenne or dash of Tabasco
- 2 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and blanched
to make the spinach hummus (about 1&1/2 cups):
- Blanch the spinach by bring a pot of water to oil. Cook the spinach for a minute then drain and plunge into cold water.
- Place the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice and tahini n a food processor and puree to a fine smooth mass.
- Add the seasonings. and blend again.
- Squeeze the water fro the spinach and ad the spinach to the mixture.
- Puree once again to form a nice smooth hummus.
- Season to taste with additional seasonings as needed.
to make the wraps:
- Spread some about a tablespoon of the hummus on each flour tortilla.
- Add the slices of mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Top with some of the red onion rings and roll the wraps.