Ginger Carrot Salad
This salad tastes great, especially on a hot day when you don’t want to do a lot of cooking. The ginger adds a lot to the carrots. I didn’t have poppy seeds at the time, but am looking forward to making this again and adding the poppy seeds in.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 carrots
- 1 piece ginger about 1 inch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (optional but nice)
- 1-2 teaspoons ginger syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel the carrots and either cut them in julienne strips or grate.
- Mix the oil, vinegar and ginger syrup together.
- Peel the ginger and grate into the dressing.
- Add the optional poppy seeds and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrots and mix well.