Tempeh Pineapple Toasts
These make a wonderful lunchtime meal, or cut in quarters they would be good finger food or appetizers for a party.
Yield: 8 slices
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- 1 lb. tempeh, sliced in thin squares
- 1 can pineapple rings
- 1 jar vegan sandwich spread or vegan cheese
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
- pinch sweet paprika powder as garnish
- 8 candied cherries as garnish
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Slice the tempeh in 8 thin squares.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan and braise the tempeh until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from the heat, brush with the tamari sauce.
- Drain 8 pineapple rings on a paper town, then lay in the warm frying pan to lightly brown and warm.
- Once the bread is toasted, spread with vegan sandwich spread or vegan cheese.
- Lay 1 tempeh slice on each slice of bread.
- Top with the pineapple.
- Dust with sweet paprika powder and place a cherry in the middle.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.