Broccoli Sunflower Seed Soup
What a nice soup this is. We left it on the thick side. Today is cold and rainy, this lovely soup really made a great lunch.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. broccoli
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels (plus extra for garnish)
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- splash Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- Chop the onion and celery.
- Cut the broccoli in small pieces leaving a few nice florets whole
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and celery and begin to saute.
- Add the broccoli pieces.
- Stir to mix the flavors well.
- Add the vegetable stock and red pepper flakes and bring the soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the sunflower seeds and continue cooking.
- Remove a few broccoli florets from the soup to use as garnish.
- When the broccoli has become softer but still retaining it’s bright green color, pure. I use an immersion blender. It will be a very thick.
- Add the soy yogurt and blend again.
- If you wish the soup to be thinner, add 1/2 cup of vegetable bouillon.
- Season to taste with additional salt and lemon pepper and perhaps another dash of Tabasco.
- Serve the soup garnished with a few broccoli florets and some sun flower seeds.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.