Jelled Orange Carrot Salad
This salad had always been a favorite salad of mine while growing up. I have missed it. So, I was very happy when this worked out so well.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons orange marmelade, ginger marmelade or agave syrup
- 10 grams agar agar (about 2 teaspoons)
- soyanaise as a garnish
- Spray a shallow baking dish or molds with oil.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Pour the orange juice into a medium saucepan.
- Add the sweetener and stir well to mix.
- Add the agar agar ad gain stir well to mix.
- Bring the orange juice mixture to a boil, stirring.
- Let it boil for 2 minutes then turn off the heat, and remove the pan fro the burner.
- I allowed it to cool a bit, as I did not want to cook the carrots.
- After 1-2 minutes, I added the carrots and stirred well to mix.
- Pour the mixture into the molds or baking dish then refrigerate.
- I was very happy that after 2-3 hours the salad was totally jelled.
- We served the salad, cut in squares, on a small bed of lettuce with a dollop of soyanaise on top, and a small lemon balm leaf.
- It’s important to have some oil (as is in the soyanaise) so that the vitamin A of the carrots is freed for digestion.
We used a product called Agartine by Ruf. Which was individual prepackaged amounts of 10 grams of agar agar.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.