Blackcurrant & Pineapple Smoothie
Our berries are becoming ripe now. We harvested a lot of blackcurrants and were happy to find this recipe. It was easy to adapt to make vegan and makes a colorful and healthy drink, packed with vitamin C. It would probably also make a good ice cream.
Serving Size: 4
- 1- 8 ounce can pineapple slices (reserve 1 ring as garnish)
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup blackcurrant juice or syrup
- 1 medium banana
- ice cubes (optional)
- mint leaves or lemon balm as optional garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with a piece of pineapple and a sprig of green.
We made our own blackcurrant syrup using fresh blackcurrants from our garden.
Inspired by http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=27590
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.