Carrot, Fennel and Orange Soup
This is a lovely soup, mild yet flavorful with a lovely creamy consistency and a bright color.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 small fennel bulb, cleaned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 cups carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons fennel seeds, ground
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups water
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice (from 2 oranges)
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the sliced fennel, garlic and sliced carrots.
- Saute the vegetables until they begin to soften.
- Add the water, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon ground fennel seeds.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to a soft simmer.
- Cook the soup until the vegetables are soft (about 15-20 Minutes).
- Add the orange juice and puree the soup to a smooth creamy consistency.
- Season to taste with additional, salt, pepper or fennel.
- We garnished the soup with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and fennel seeds.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.