Celery Root and Pear Soup
We really enjoyed this mild creamy soup today for lunch. Both celery root (celeriac) and pears are in season now.
Serving Size: 4
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium celery root (celeriac), trimmed and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- handful chives, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 3 pears, peeled, cored and cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup vegan soy cream
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the chopped onions and begin to saute.
- Add the chopped celery root pieces and saute, stirring to keep the onions from browning and evenly coat the celery.
- Add the vegetable bouillon chives and thyme and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup comes to a boil, turn it down to simmer and cook until the celery pieces are soft.
- Add the prepared pear pieces and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Puree the soup to a smooth consistency. I used an immersion blender.
- Add the soy cream and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- We garnished the soup with a dash of nutmeg, a few chives and dried apple chips.
adapted from http://www.canadianliving.com/food/pear_and_celery_soup.php
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.