Tropical Sauerkraut Salad with Mango and Avocado
This is a delicious salad combining the flavors of fall and summer. The sauerkraut is really lovely with the mango, avocado and apple.
Serving Size: 4
- 18 ounces sauerkraut
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper
- 1 red chili pepper
- 1-2 fresh sweet apples
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 limes juiced
- Squeeze the juice from the sauerkraut, save it for another recipe (it’s very healthy).
- Put the sauerkraut in a sieve and lightly rinse with cold water to remove most of the salt, and squeeze the water out.
- Separate the sauerkraut with a fork and place in a large serving bowl.
- Cut the stem from the sweet red bell pepper. Slice half of the pepper in very thin strips.
- Cut the top of the chili pepper of, and remove the inner veins and seeds. Slice the chili pepper in very thin slices.
- Add both peppers to the sauerkraut and mix.
- If the apples are biological, you can include the skin, if not, peel and core.
- Grate the apples into the sauerkraut and mix well.
- Mix the lime juice and olive oil and pour over the sauerkraut and mix the salad well.
- Slice the mango, remove the seed and peel.
- Slice 1/2 of the mango in medium chunks and mix through the salad.
- Slice 1/2 of the avocado in medium chunks and mix through the salad.
- Serve generous portions on 4 salad plates.
- Slice the other halves of the mango and avocado and use as garnish on top of each salad.
- Any salad that is left over after serving can be placed at the tale in a serving bowl for people to help themselves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.