Celeriac and Artichoke Soup
This is a quick and easy vegan version of an old Vegetarian Times recipe. It’s very tasty, especially on a cold winter’s day.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 medium celerac (celery root), about 1 pound
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 – 1 cup soy yogurt of soy cream
- salt and white pepper to taste
- vegan sweet spicy nuts as garnish or spicy vegan croutons
- Peel the celerac and cut into chunks.
- Peel the shallots and chop
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the shallots and saute unitl soft.
- Add the celeriac chunks and continue cooking, stirring to mix.
- Add the vegetable stock, place a lid on the pot and cook until the celeriac chunks are soft.
- Drain the artichoke hearts, quarter them and add to the cooking celeriac.
- Puree the soup. (I use an immersion blender.)
- Add the soy yogurt or soy cream.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the soup garnished with vegan sweet spicy nuts or spicy vegan croutons.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.