Broccoli Risotto with Red Lentils
This attractive meal tastes as good as it looks. Thet gives it a nice warmth.
Serving Size: 4
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. sambal oelec
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 cups water
- 1 med. head broccoli, cut in florets
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 bunch basil
- chives as garnish
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and saute the onion and garlic until glassy.
- Add the sambal oelec and mix well.
- Add the rice and allow to become glassy after a few minutes.
- Add the water and bouillon cubes. Stir to mix well.
- Turn the heat down, add a cover to the rice and allow to swell.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until al dente.
- Cook the red lentils in a separate pan with a bit of salt and 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Cook until the lentils are al dente be careful to not let them get too soft.
- When the rice has absorbed the liquid, and the lentils are cooked, add the lentils to the ride and mix well.
- Add the broccoli and serve the risotto garnished with basil leaves and chives.
You can use less sambal, if you don’t want it too hot.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.