Carrot and Bell Pepper Soup
This mild and flavorful soup was lovely for lunch today. Any ripe bell pepper is nice, this time we used yellow bell peppers.
Serving Size: 4
- 4-5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 large ripe bell peppers (we used yellow this time, red is also nice)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash agave (optional)
- fresh chopped herbs and soy yogurt as garnish
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the carrots and peppers and begin to saute until soft.
- Stir the vegetables from time to time to keep them from scorching.
- Add the onion and garlic and allow them to soften.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a soft boil.
- Once boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cook until all the vegetables are soft.
- Pure the soup to an even smooth texture.
- If you wish to have it thinner, add more vegetable bouillon or water.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and possibly a small splash of agave.
- Garnish with soy yogurt and chopped herbs. We used coriander as we had it on hand.
This soup does not take long to make, however if you are in a big hurry, you can use roasted peppers in a jar.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.