This is one of our favorite salads. We have it quite often. Traditionally tabouli (tabbouleh) it is being made with bulgur, but as this is the International Year of Quinoa we decided to use white quinoa to make the salad.
Serving Size: 6
- 2-3 bunches parsley, washed and finely chopped
- 3-4 tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup white quinoa
- 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the quinoa well to remove the bitter oil coating.
- Place the quinoa in a saucepan and add 1 – 1 & 1/2 cups of water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then turn down the heat.
- Cook the quinoa until soft, then remove from the heat, place a lid on top and allow to further swell and cool.
- Wash the parsley well.
- Cut the parsley very fine, you can use a knife or scissors.
- Place the parsley in a large salad bowl.
- Finely chop the onion and tomatoes and add to the salad.
- Drain off any remaining liquid from the cooled quinoa and add to the salad.
- Mix well.
- Make the dressing by mixing the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to evenly blend.
- We make the salad ahead of time so that it can season. It is delicious eaten right away, or later.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.