Minty Pea and Potato Salad
This potato salad really tastes lovely and looks so fresh with the bright green peas.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 lbs. red skinned new potatoes
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup soyannaise (non-dairy mayonnaise)
- 1-2 tablespoons soy yogurt
- 1 leek
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves plus a few for garnish
- 2-3 tablespoons chives
- splash of tarragon or white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the potatoes well and place in a pot with lightly salted water.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing. Puree the non-dairy mayonnaise, soy yogurt, 3 tablespoons of mint leaves, splash of vinegar, salt and pepper together to make a smooth dressing.
- Slice off the root end of the leek.
- Slice the leek lengthwise, 4 long slices, then cut across the leek, thus chopping the leek in small pieces.
- Add the chopped leek to the dressing.
- When the potatoes have cooked and cooled, cut them in bite sized pieces and place in a large bowl. If desired you can peel them, but we enjoyed the flavor of our organic potatoes with the skins on and the skins bring a bit more color to the salad.
- Add the thawed peas and 1/2 the chives to the salad.
- Pour the dressing on top and gently mix.
- To serve the salad, place in a serving bowl or individual salad bowls.
- Garnish with the rest of the chives and mint leaves.