Salad of Roasted Parsnips, Beets and Quince with Oranges
This is a great salad, refreshing and lovely to look at. It would be a nice holiday meal, or can be served at any time.
for the salad:
- 1 large or 2 medium parsnips
- 1 quince
- 2-3 medium beets
- 2 oranges
- for 4 people mixed greens (e.g. romaine, iceberg, arugula)
- pumpkin seeds as garnish
for the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon mild mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/205°C.
- Peel the parsnip(s) slice and place on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Core and slice the quince in slices similar to the parsnips.
- Peel the beets and slice similar to the parsnips and quince.
- Place all on the parchment paper.
- Spray or coat with olive oil.
- Roast in the oven 30 minutes or until lightly golden and soft yet, al dente.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the dressing.
- Place all the ingredients in a carafe and mix well.
- Peel the oranges and slice in sections.
- When the vegetables are done, remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- Place the greens on 4 individual salad plates.
- Lay a mixture of the parsnips, beets and quince on the greens.
- Add a generous amount of orange segments on the salad and garnish with the pumpkin seeds.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.