Spriralzed Sweet Potato Chow Mein
This makes a very tasty meal that is really quick and easy to make. It’s a “light” meal yet filling. We enjoyed this so much, we will do more stir-fry meals this year.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, greens cut in rounds, white parts in matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in long strips
- 10-12 baby corn cobs, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon fine cooking oil
for the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet and spicy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- sesame seeds as garnish
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Peel the sweet potato and slice in long thin noodles with the spiralizer.
- Peel the carrots and slice as matchsticks.
- Shred the cabbage in thin slices.
- Slice the bell pepper in thin slices.
- Slice the baby corn cobs in half.
- Mix the sauce by blending the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the sweet potato noodles and cook until al dente.
- Remove from the wok and place in a bowl for later use.
- Place the carrots and red bell pepper pieces in the wok and sauté until the begin to soften.
- Add the cabbage and stir well to mix evenly.
- Add the green onions and a tablespoon of the sauce.
- Add the corn pieces and stir well to mix.
- Add the cooked sweet potato noodles and the rest of the sauce.
- Stir well to mix.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sesame seeds and serve.
- Optionally you can add coriander and bean sprouts as well.