Spriralzed Sweet Potato Chow Mein
This makes a very tasty meal that is really quick and easy to make. It’s a “light” meal yet filling. We enjoyed this so much, we will do more stir-fry meals this year.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and spiralized
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in matchsticks
- 4 spring onions, greens cut in rounds, white parts in matchsticks
- 1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and cut in long strips
- 10-12 baby corn cobs, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoon fine cooking oil
for the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet and spicy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ginger powder
- sesame seeds as garnish
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Peel the sweet potato and slice in long thin noodles with the spiralizer.
- Peel the carrots and slice as matchsticks.
- Shred the cabbage in thin slices.
- Slice the bell pepper in thin slices.
- Slice the baby corn cobs in half.
- Mix the sauce by blending the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Add the sweet potato noodles and cook until al dente.
- Remove from the wok and place in a bowl for later use.
- Place the carrots and red bell pepper pieces in the wok and sauté until the begin to soften.
- Add the cabbage and stir well to mix evenly.
- Add the green onions and a tablespoon of the sauce.
- Add the corn pieces and stir well to mix.
- Add the cooked sweet potato noodles and the rest of the sauce.
- Stir well to mix.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with sesame seeds and serve.
- Optionally you can add coriander and bean sprouts as well.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.