Vegan Apple, Walnut, Polenta Waffles
These delicious waffles are perfect for a chilly fall morning. They’re quick and easy to make and the house smells wonderful while they are cooking.
Yield: 6-8 waffles depending on size
- 1¾ cup AP flour
- ¼ cup polenta
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 apple, cored, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 egg replacements
- 1¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 4 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- Pre-heat the waffle iron.
- Mix the dry ingredients for the waffle batter in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the non-dairy milk, egg replacements and melted vegan margarine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk to blend.
- Add the prepared apples and walnuts.
- Ladle about ¾ cup of the waffle mixture onto a well oiled waffle iron.
- Cook until light golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup and sliced apples.