Veggi Wraps – Avocado/Zucchini Enchiladas
Recipe updated on 2007-02-17
- for the avocado or guacamole sauce:
- 1 avocado
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp. chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
for the wraps:
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 1/2 chili pepper, finely sliced
- 1 bell pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 med. zucchinis, sliced
- 4 tbs. walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 3 cup soy cheese, grated
- 3 tbs. oil
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325 F / 163 C degrees.
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop the flesh with a teaspoon into a bowl.
- Mash it with a fork, add 1 clove crushed garlic, 1/2 teaspoon chopped chili pepper, and lime juice.
- Season with cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and saute the onion. When it is translucent add 1 clove crushed garlic, 1/2 sliced chili, zucchini, bell pepper, and chopped walnuts.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft and ingredients have mingled.
- Transfer them to a bowl.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the vegetable/nut mixture, and the avocado guacamole mixture on a tortilla.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on top of the mixtures and then roll the tortilla up.
- Lay it on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Do this to all the tortillas.
- Place cookie sheet in the oven and warm for 10-15 minutes or until the tortillas are lightly browned.
- Place the enchiladas on a warm serving plate and place a spooful of the avocado mixture on each; decorate with the tomato slices.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.