This soup has a spectacular color. I like to serve it for Christmas dinner. It’s also delicious cold.
- 1 1/2 lb. beets, washed, peeled and grated
- 1 qt water
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbs. sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 100 milliliters soy cream
- Wash, peel and coarsely grate beets.
- Place beets, water, salt, pepper, sugar and lemon juice in a deep pan.
- Cook until beets are tender about 20-30 minutes.
- Puree using a kitchen machine, blender or a staff mixer.
- For an extra smooth soup put through a sieve.
- Shortly before serving add the soy cream.
- Garnish with a few baby beet leaves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.