Curried Cauliflower with Potatoes
This tastes so good on a cold day.
- 1 cauliflower , cut in florets
- 7-8 potatoes, boiled
- 1/2 pint soy yogurt or soy cream
- 3-4 tbs. sunflower oil
- 2 tbs. garam masala
- 2 tbs. curry spices (turmeric, cumin & curry)
- cayenne pepper
- fresh ginger, grated
- I par-boil the cauliflower flowerets and in a different pot from the potatoes. If the potatoes are from an organic farm I leave the skin on as the skin is very nutritious, otherwise I skin the potatoes after they are cooked.
- While they are cooking, in a large skillet using the sunflower oil I blend ginger, garam masala, curry spices, cayenne and salt, using only a very low heat.
- When the vegetables are parboiled I add them to the skillet, mix well, and pour the soy yogurt over the mixture.
- This can simmer of a very low heat until ready to serve.
A light fruit salad is a very nice compliment to this spicy meal.