Mother Earth Salad
This makes a very filling but light salad and goes well in pita pockets to make sandwiches that are easy to eat.
Serving Size: 2
- 150 grams tofu, cut in small bite sized pieces and lightly fried
- 1 tbs. oil to fry the tofu
- 2 stalks celery, cut in fine slices
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 apple, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 scallion, cut in fine slices
- 3 tbs. soyanaise
- 2 tbs. hot curry powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or corn syrup
- splash lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Dry the tofu using a paper towel, cut it in small bite sized pieces and fry in the oil until golden brown.
- Drain and dry on a paper towel and set in a large bowl.
- Cut the celery and apple in fine pieces and add to the tofu.
- Peel and grate the carrot and add to the tofu.
- Slice the scallion and add to the tofu mixture.
- Add the raisins and coconut.
- Make a dressing from the soyanaise, curry powder, maple syrup, lemon juice and season to taste with salt.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, garnish with cherry tomatoes or pickles.