Vegetables in Thai coconut sauce
This makes a lovely colorful meal. The amount of spiciness is up to you. We usually like it hot.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 can (400 milliliters) coconut milk
- 100-150 grams tofu
- 1 tbs. oil
- 4 kaffir citrus leaves
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves, chopped or 1 tbs. Thai coriander paste
- 1 large sweet red chili, sliced
- 1 large hot Thai chili, sliced
- 2 onions, cut in rings
- 2 tsp. lemon grass, minced
- 3 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. corn starch
- pinch sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 grams sugar snap pea pods
- 25 grams broccoli flowerettes
- 50 grams bamboo shoots
- 250 grams rice noodles
- Dry the tofu off using paper towels and slice the tofu in into bite size pieces. About 1 inch square.
- Using a large skillet, heat the oil and and fry the tofu so both sides are golden.
- Add the onions and saute until they are glassy.
- Add the coconut milk broccoli and peppers, reduce the heat and simmer.
- Add the rest of the seasonings.
- Shortly before serving, add the pea pods and bamboo shoots and heat but do not over cook.
- Make a paste from the corn starch and a bit of water (2 teaspoons) and add to the coconut milk.
- Season to taste with salt, a pinch of sugar and or some more lemon juice.
- Stir until the coconut milk becomes thicker.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of hot water to boil and just before serving put the rice noodles in. They don’t need long to be ready.
- Drain the noodles and place the coconut vegetables over the noodles.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or red pepper pieces.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.