Very berry fruit parfait
Such a lovely dessert and it couldn’t be easier!
Serving Size: 4
- 3-4 cups mixed berries (strawberries, red- and blackcurrants, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries
- 1-2 tbs. sugar
- 2 cups / 500 milliliters vanilla soy pudding
- 1 & 1/4 cups / 300 milliliters soy whipping cream (e.g. soyatoo)
- 2 tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 cap full vanilla
- Put the berries into a large bowl and sprinkle with some sugar and stir gently.
- If the strawberries are too large, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Allow the the sugar to draw the berry juices for half an hour.
- Whip the whipping soy cream adding the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Using parfait glasses, or champagne glasses, put a small spoonful of the berry mixture at the bottom of each glass.
- Place a layer of vanilla soy pudding on top of the berries followed with a layer of whipped soy cream.
- Proceed until the parfait glasses are full.
- Usually top of with a bit of the whipped soy cream and a pretty berry or two as decoration.
Any berry that is in season or even a package of frozen berries works well with this simple desert.
As an optional ingredient for a holiday menu could add a berry liquor to the berries.
Creme de cassis would be a good choice.