Raspberries In Love Ice Cream
Vegan ice cream – sweet and tangy, smooth as velvet and melts in your mouth. What a treat! It’s being a good year for raspberries here, so I’ve been picking every day. Raspberries are very easy to grow, they’ll even grow in a pot on a balcony and nothing tastes better.
Serving Size: 4
- 500 milliliters raspberry syrup
- 250 milliliters berry soy yogurt
- 2-3 tbs. blackcurrant syrup
for the raspberry syrup:
- 500 grams fresh raspberries
- 95 grams sugar
- 95 milliliters water
- 1 small lemon
Prepare the raspberry syrup:
- First you dissolve the sugar in boiling water and let it cool down.
- Then add the raspberries and puree in a blender with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Then press the pureed fruit through a sieve to remove the small seeds of the raspberries.
- Put this mixture in the refrigerator to get very cold.
Make the ice cream:
- When you are ready to make the ice cream, mix the berry soy yogurt into the raspberry syrup. We used one third of soy yogurt on two thirds of raspberry syrup. In case you don’t have 500ml raspberry syrup, just adjust the amount of yogurt accordingly. If you want it creamier, add more yogurt and optionally also some soy milk.
- Add some teaspoons of black current syrup.
- Prepare the ice maker and pour the mixture into the machine to make the ice cream. It took about 30 minutes with our machine.
The raspberry syrup recipe comes originally from a UK chef Nigel Slater. He adds creme de casiss also, but we wanted to use just the pure berries.