Lentil and bean sprout salad
This crunchy salad tastes great. The peanut butter dressing is such a smooth compliment to the crunchy ingredients.
Serving Size: 4
- 30 grams brown lentils, uncooked
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 75 grams mung bean sprouts
- 50 grams lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 apple, chopped
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
- for the dressing
- 2 tbs. peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbs. apple juice
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 2 tbs. olive oil
- cayenne pepper
- Cook the lentils in the vegetable bouillon until al dente.
- When cooked, drain off the liquid and put the lentils in the refrigerator to cool.
- Chop the chives.
- Wash the bean sprouts and the lettuce and shred the lettuce.
- Slice the apple into bite sized pieces.
- Roast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan until golden brown.
- Mix all the vegetables together with the lentils.
- Make the dressing with the remaining ingredients.
- Lightly drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well to mix.
- Serve the salad garnished with the toasted sunflower seeds.