Spinach and lentil patties
These patties really tasted great on a chilly, wet evening. We look forward to enjoying them more often, and no matter what the weather.
- 10 ounces spinach, sauteed
- 1 cup Puy lentils, cooked
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 Tbs.gram flour (or wheat)
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch chili flakes
- 1 cup Penko bread crumbs or regular bread crumbs to make a crust
- 2 tablespoons oil
for the soy yogurt sauce:
- soy yogurt
- chives pinch salt splash lemon juice
- Mix the spinach, lentils, curry powder, 3 Tbs. bread crumbs, gram flour and chili flakes together in a bowl.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Quickly lay each side of each patty in bread crumbs to form a crust on the outside of the patties and place the patties in the frying pan.
- Brown on each side.
- Remove and place on a paper town to remove excess oil.
- Make the soy yogurt sauce using a bit of salt, some chopped chives and a splash of lemon juice.
- The patties are served with a dollop of soy yogurt.
The La Puy lentils are some of the finest one can enjoy. We do suggest you try to get them as they make this recipe very nice.
adapted from chef Leslie Waters of BBC cooking