Curried Vegetable with Lentil Stew
This is a very nice, mild curry dinner for a chilly fall or winter’s night.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut in large bie sized pieces
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut in large bite sized chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut in large bite sized chunks
- 2 heaping Tbs. curry powder
- 1 & 3/4 pints vegetable stock
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 small bunch coriander or parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Saute the onions and garlic until soft and glassy.
- Add the chopped vegetables and cook for 7-8 minutes until the begin to soften and become golden.
- Stir in the curry powder and add the vegetable bouillon.
- Bring to a boil and cook the vegetables.
- When they have begun to soften, lower the heat and add the lentils.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the lentils have softened and absorbed the liquid.
- Shortly before serving, season with cinnamon, sugar and optionally additional salt and pepper.
- Stir in the coriander and mix well.
- Serve sprinkled with coriander and soy yogurt on the side.
Inspired by BBC Good Food Magazine – Vegetarian Christmas Issue 2008
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.