Curried Waldorf Salad
We wanted to call this “better than Waldorf” as it tasted so good. Slightly sweet with a hint of heat and full of crunch.
for the salad:
- 2 apples, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, cleaned and chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
for the dressing:
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 Tbs. walnut oil
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 Tbs. agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- Tabasco (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Make the dressing first by mixing the dressing ingredients.
- Cut the celery into small pieces.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the walnuts into small pieces, and then peel and cut the apples into small pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the fruits and vegetables add the golden raisins and mix well.
Inspired by the Curried Waldorf Salad recipe from the NY Times.