Classic Italian Rice Salad
This recipe makes a lot. We enjoyed it as a main meal salad on a warm summer night. It was delicious! We enjoyed it accompanied with a whole grain baguette and a lovely vegan bio wine.
Serving Size: 8
- 1 cup mixed wild and white rice
- 1 eggplant, cut in small pieces and sauteed
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced in rings
- 2 tomatoes, deseeded and cut into small pieces
- 10-12 green olives, deseeded
- 10-12 black olives, deseeded
- 1 cup vegetable bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- 4 Tbs. olive oil
- 2-3 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- small bunch dill, chopped as garnish
- Wash the rice and cook in 1 cup of vegetbale bouillon and 1 cup of water.
- When the rice is done, put it into a large bowl and allow to cool.
- Cut the eggplant into small cubes and saute lightly.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- When cooled, add the eggplant to the rice.
- Slice the zuchiini into small matchsticks and add to the rice.
- Cut off the bottom core of the fennel and slice the fennel in thin slices, then add to the rice and mix well.
- Add the black and green olives.
- Add the chopped basil and parsley.
- Using a blender, make a dressig from the olive oil, garlic, salt pepper and lemon juice.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Allow the salad to season for an hour before serving.
- Shortly befor serving, slice and desssed the tomato and add to the salad.
- Garnish with some chopped dill and a few dill sprigs.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.