Penne Pasta with Asparagus, Black Olives, Basil and Soy Cheese
While fresh asparagus is still available, we would like to share a few more tasty recipes with you. We used white asparagus, black olives and penne pasta, although green asparagus with green olives and bows or spirals would be just as tasty. It is the combination of salty olives, with the fresh asparagus and mild pasta and earthy herbs that creates the magical combination.
Serving Size: 4
- 350 grams penne pasta
- 250 grams asparagus, peeled and sliced
- 100 grams black olives, pitted, and sliced
- 1 large bunch basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground nuts – walnuts, pine hazelnuts or almonds
- 100 grams soy cheese, grated
- If you are using fresh, white asparagus, you will need to peel it.
- Cook the prepared asparagus al dente. I lightly salted water and a pinch of sugar.
- Cook the pasta in lightly salted water at the same time.
- Prepare the olives. Pit them and slice.
- Make a light basil pesto from 3/4 of the basil, the olive oil, nuts, garlic salt and pepper.
- Place the pesto ingredients in a blender and puree.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain the water.
- Mix a bit of the pesto sauce on the pasta, add the olive pieces and mix well.
- Drain the water from the asparagus pieces.
- Add the asparagus pieces to the pasta and olives.
- Garnish with a few basil leaves and grate the soy cheese on top.
- Alternatively serve some basil pesto on the side for people to help themselves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.