Vegan Irish Whiskey & Cream Dip with Fruit
Summer fun for adults. We made our first Vegan version of Baileys today and were very pleased with the result. We enjoyed it tonight mixed as a dip for fresh fruit. We have some more fun recipes coming up as well.
for the dip:
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1/4 cup Irish whiskey and cream liqueur (vegan Baileys)
- optional vanilla sugar
- various fresh fruits such a strawberries, bananas, kiwi, cherries ad peaches
for the Irish whiskey and cream liqueur:
- 1 can of creamy coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of vegan chocolate sauce
- 3 tablespoons of cold espresso coffee
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 can (use the coconut milk can) of good Irish whiskey (we used 12 year old Redbreast)
to make the Irish whiskey and cream liqueur:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Season additionally to taste.
- This made about 1 & 1/2 cups of vegan Baileys.
to make the dip:
- Mix the soy yogurt with the liqueur until smooth.
- Wash and slice the fruit.
- Arrange the fruit on a plate, pour the dip into small dishes.