Blackberries and Soy Yogurt with Blackberry Sauce
Blackberry season has arrived. We enjoyed this simple treat today and look forward to having it again soon.
- 3-4 cups fresh blackberries (total for the recipe)
- 2 cups soy yogurt (plain or vanilla)
- 1 cup blackberry sauce (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
for the sauce:
- 2 & 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Make the blackberry sauce first.
to make the sauce:
- Place 2 & 1/2 cups fresh blackberries in a saucepan.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar and about 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a soft boil.
- Mash the blackberries with a potato masher when they have become soft.
- Push the mixture through a sieve to discard the solids.
- Return the liquid to the saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch that has been mixed with the 2 tablespoons of water and stir to mix well.
- Heat the sauce, stirring until the sauce becomes clear and thick.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
We enjoyed the tartness of plain yogurt with this recipe. However if you wish it to be a bit sweeter, add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar to the soy yogurt and mix to a smooth consistency. Alternatively you can use vanilla soy yogurt.
- Place a few fresh, clean blackberries in the bottom of a parfait glass or bowl.
- Put a couple of tablespoons of soy yogurt on top, then a bit of the blackberry sauce.
- Continue with a second layer of each and top with a few blackberries.
- Serve with the remainder of the sauce as additional topping for those who wish.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.