Filled Round Zucchini
We’ve been looking forward to enjoying these round zucchini from the garden. There are many different recipes for the filling, tonight, we kept it simple with TVP and bulgur with seasons. It was very tasty and filing.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 medium round zucchini
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup TVP granules
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 bell pepper, finely chipped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon mixed Italian herbs
- grated soy cheese as desired as garnish
- Clean the zucchinis and slice the top off. Save the top.
- Hollow out the the inner part of the zucchini using a melon baller or spoon.
- Steam the empty zucchinis lightly to soften. (About 5-8 minutes).
- Place the t,v,p, and bulgur in a large bowl and pour boiling water over. Place a plate or lid on the bowl and allow the grains to swell.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Saute the onions, garlic and chopped bell pepper until soft.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to the t.v.p. ad bulgur.
- Mix the tomato paste and vegetable bouillon and Italian herbs together.
- Add a bit of water to thin.
- Add the seasoned tomato paste to the bulgur and mix well.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper and possibly cayenne as desired.
- Fill each zucchini with the bulgur mixture and place in an oven-proof baking dish.
- If you want grated cheese, then sprinkle it on top of each zucchini at this time.
- Preheat the oven to 375, place the zucchini i the oven and warm for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve hot, with the tops returned on top of each zucchini.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.