Lightly Curried Pear and Parsnip Soup
This is a lovely sweet and earthy soup with just a touch of curry. It is very creamy, warm and filling.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 onion or 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 good sized parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 large pears, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2-3 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube or 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup soy cream
- dash nutmeg (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- minced parsley as an optional garnish
- Heat the vegan margarine in a large soup pot.
- Add the chopped onion or shallots and saute.
- Add the chopped parsnip.
- Add the water and vegetable bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add the curry powder.
- Add the chopped pear.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the parsnips become soft.
- When the parsnips are soft, remove a few pieces of parsnips and pears to use as garnish for the soup.
- Puree the rest of the soup to a smooth consistency. (I use an immersion blender)
- Add the soy cream and blend once more.
- Season the soup to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper or if you wish some cayenne or Tabasco.
- Serve the soup garnished with a few chunks of pears and parsnips and optionally with chopped parsley.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.