Denver Tofu Wrap
This vegan version of a Denver Sandwich really hit the spot today for lunch. We used corn tortilla as wraps to make a lighter version.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 block (about 6 ounces) of tofu, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons sweet grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (more if you like)
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- small pinch turmeric for color
- 2 tablespoons oil
- dash Tabasco
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped vegan sausage (alternatively tempeh, seitan or vegan pepperoni)
- 1 package corn or flour tortillas with 6-8 tortillas
- Mince the onion.
- Chop the peppers.
- Crumble the tofu.
- Chop the vegan sausage or whatever you are using.
- Mix the soy yogurt with the nutritional yeast, mustard, turmeric and Tabasco.
- Heat a frying pan with the oil and saute the onions and bell peppers.
- Add the tofu and mix well with the peppers and onions.
- Add the soy yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Add the vegan sausage and cook the mixture to a light crumbly mass.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of scrambled tofu mixture.
- Fold 2 opposite edges inwards and roll the tortilla closed.
A Denver Sandwich is traditionally made from scrambled eggs, with sautéed onions, green and red bell peppers and ham.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.