Mango and Carrot Soup
This bright and cheerful soup was very tasty. It is only mildly curried and has a light sweetness from the mango. It was very nice on a cold winter’s night.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 ripe mango peeled and chopped
- 1 lb. carrots (about 3-4 medium), peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 6-8 tablespoons coconut milk (non-sweetened)
- lemon juice
- parsley or coriander as garnish, chopped
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel and chop the carrots.
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onions and saute until soft and glassy.
- Add the carrots and saute the carrots for a few minutes, but don’t let the onion brown.
- Add the water, the bouillon cube, the curry and bring the soup to a boil.
- Cook the soup until the carrots have softened.
- Cut and peel the mango.
- Put 3/4 of the mango in the soup to cook, holding out a about 1/4 to use as chunks and garnish.
- When the carrots are soft, puree the soup. I used an immersion blender.
- Add the coconut milk and a splash of lemon juice.
- Puree once more to mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and possibly additional curry as desired.
- Serve the soup garnished with a few pieces of chopped mango and either chopped coriander or parsley.
Adapted from http://suesse-hex.blogspot.com/2010/02/mango-mohren-suppe.html
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.