Belgian Endive with Guacamole and Tomatoes
Belgian endive offers a great way to enjoy fresh greens over the winter. Tonight we enjoyed them with avocado and tomatoes.
Serving Size: 4
- 2-3 Belgian endives
- 2 tomatoes
for the guacamole:
- 3 avocados
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 2-3 tbs. lemon juice
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Tabasco or cayenne pepper
to make the guacamole:
- Peel, stone and mash the ripe avocados using a fork.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 or 2 good sized cloves of minced garlic.
- Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco.
- If living in tropical areas you can add sprigs of fresh cilantro of culantro, otherwise you can use fresh coriander leaves.
to make the salad:
- Cut the bottom of the Belgian endive off and separate the leaves.
- Carefully wash in cold water and blot dry.
- Wash the tomato and cut into eighths.
- Place a generous mound of guacamole in the center of each salad plate.
- Surround with individual Belgian endive leaves and alternate with the tomato wedges.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.