Celeriac and Apple Soup
This is a very simple soup, but offers a rich and creamy thickness with a mild earthy flavor and a touch of sweetness.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 large celeriac (celery root), peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash nutmeg (optional)
- Peel the celeriac and cut into bite sized pieces, that way it will take less time to cook.
- Peel the onion and chop in small pieces
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot.
- Add the onion and saute until it begins to soften and become glass.
- Add the chopped celeriac pieces and saute lightly.
- Add the water and vegetable bouillon cube.
- Peel and core the apple and chop.
- Add the apple pieces to the soup and bring the soup to a light boil.
- Once the soup has come to a boil, turn the heat down to create a soft simmer.
- Place a lid on the soup and cook until the celeriac pieces become soft. This will be about 15 minutes.
- When the celeriac has become soft, puree the soup. (I use an immersion blender.)
- Season to taste with additional salt and perhaps a dash of nutmeg.
- We garnished the soup with a few chopped celery leaves and croutons.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.