Spicy Yellow Bell Pepper Soup
This is a very tasty soup that we enjoyed on a rainy summer’s day. It was very easy to adapt to being vegan. We enjoyed the spicy flavor from the jalapeno and did nnt find it too hot.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 yellow bell peppers, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the chopped onion and yellow bell pepper pieces and begin to saute.
- Ad the potato pieces and jalapeno pieces. Stir to mix well.
- Add the vegetable bouillon. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a soft boil.
- Cook until the vegetables are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Add the vinegar and puree the soup (I used an immersion blender).
- Season to taste.
- Serve the soup with the chopped cilantro as garnish on top.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.